- Start Safari on your iPad
- Search for Readability or go directly to http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability
- Press the curved arrow icon to choose Add Bookmark.
- Select your Settings (for example) Style = Newspaper, Size = Medium, and Margin = Narrow
- Check Convert to hyperlinks to bookmarks if you would like all in-article links removed and transferred as references to the bottom of the page.
- Press the Bookmarks icon and choose Bookmarks Bar
- Press the Edit button
- To the right of Readability press the > symbol to bring up Edit Bookmark
- Go to a web site such as: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/health/28brod.html (Paying the Price for Loving Red Meat)
- Press the Readability button in the Safari toolbar.
- All of the extraneous banners and sidebars are removed, leaving only the text.
- If you have Printopia http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia installed on a Macintosh computer then print the Readability web page to a PDF document in your Dropbox share.
- Open the PDF with the Dropbox app and then open it with GoodReader.
- Use GoodReader annotation to take notes.