The Elmira College Rotaract Club has contributed significantly to Rotary International's mission to eradicate polio and asked that I present my experiences as a Peace Corps Volunteer in the Congo and how polio has affected that country as part of the Global Eradication Initiative. Below are the Slideshare slides followed by related links that I used for general research, reading, and preparation for the presentation.
- Polio Global Eradication Initiative
- Rotary International - Polio Home Page
- Mia Farrow launches polio vaccination campaign
- Benda Bilili & Rotary International video campaign
- United Nations Cartographic Web site
- GapMinder World
- The Enough Project
- Google Maps
- WHO Media Center Fact Sheets
- Human Development Reports
Refer to the post Peace Corps Experiences in the Congo and scroll to the section RESOURCES: About the Peace Corps, About the Congo, Books on the Congo, and Documentaries and Web sites.