Wednesday, April 1, 2009


About Joe Fahs
After spending nearly a decade overseas in the Congo as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I joined the Elmira College administration in 1984 and have had the pleasure of continuing my work as an instructional technologist through the present day.

For much of my career at Elmira I taught courses in statistics, computer literacy, and hypermedia until I devoted all of my working time as Director of Academic Technology Services. It has been a joy and a privilege to work at a small liberal arts college such as Elmira College and to have the opportunity to impact students and faculty in their use of technology for teaching and learning.

As a consumer of emerging, mobile, multimedia, and social technologies, I look forward to expanding my personal learning network through connection and learning and sharing my knowledge with others, especially the College community. As an example of a social media technology refer to the image below, which is a Wordle tag cloud of a speech that I presented on hunger in the Congo.

Wordle of hunger in Congo speech

Created with http://wordle.net

I invite you to read through my blog that include conference presentations, examples of social media technologies, professional web sites that I recommend, and my interests outside of work. Your feedback is appreciated!

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates